Out of Hours
If you require a doctor after 6pm, at weekends or on public holidays when the surgery is closed, please telephone the usual number (0845 – 337 – 6310).  Your call will then be redirected to NHS 24

Test Results
The Practice has scheduled time (2pm – 4pm) each weekday for patients wishing to enquire about Test Results. Please select the appropriate option when telephoning the practice.

Cancelling your Appointment
If you are unable to attend an appointment with one of the doctors or nurses, please telephone or use the link at the bottom of this page to cancel your appointment.


 Sickness Certificates

If you have an illness lasting seven days or less you do not require a doctor's sickness certificate.  Your employer may require you to complete a self-certification form called a SC2 which is available from the HMRC website or you can click on the link below to download a form.     

Self certification sickness form SC2


Statement of Fitness for Work - 'Fit Note

If you are off work for more than seven days due to illness, your employer can ask you to give them some form of medical evidence to support payment of SSP (statutory sick pay).

It is up to your employer to decide whether you are incapable of work. A medical certificate, now called a 'Statement of Fitness for Work’ from your doctor is strong evidence that you are sick and would normally be accepted, unless there is evidence to prove otherwise.

With your employer's support, the note may help you return to work sooner by providing more information about the effects of your illness or injury.

For more information see the DirectGov website (from where this information was sourced)


Requesting a Fitnote

If you have not seen a doctor at the practice and we have had no information from a medical professional about your illness, you will not be able to get a certificate without a GP telephone appointment. Depending on the outcome of the telephone appointment, the GP my need you to book a face to face appointment. Please phone the Practice to book an initial telephone appointment.


If a GP has already discussed your illness with you then you can request a Fitnote by using the link below and use the "I want Administrative help". If your illness is COVID19 related see the specific details below.



Fit notes for COVID19

The DWP website provides guidance to employees and employers.

If you require a sick note due to coronavirus, you can get this from the NHS Inform website - (this link will open in a new window - popups must be allowed)


NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website